• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Overhead Vent air flow low

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello everyone I'm Bogdan out of SoCal, My first post here although I've read many helpful ones!

Anyone having problems with overhead vents not getting good flow throughout the cabin? Removed the rear duct and the fan blows very hard with no ducting. Ducts look clear but do have some leaks getting towards the front section so I'll order a replacement forward duct. I am guessing the leaks are causing a pressure loss along the way or maybe someone has some sort of mod they have done to get better air flow such as add more vents? 4 vents don't seem to be enough for the pax cabin.

On the bright side, air conditioning is working great with STC R134 compressor and hoses! Just needs more airflow out of the vents up front!

1979 PA34-200t

Latest posts

Back