• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Dual G5’s and GFC500

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey all. Been following the several threads on this set up, and patiently waiting for the PA28R to be added, finally decided to pull the trigger.

Going in for install in December. Removing the vacuum system, DG, AI, DAC GPSS, and Century AP.

I’ve chosen to get the 2 G5’s and GFC500 with the GAD13 and auto trim features.

My question is the HSI. I have a 430W and on my quote it says this will be interfaced. Can I assume that I will be getting the GAD29 for this, but what about the HSI? Should I assume that the GMU11 is included too? It seems to be priced that way if the GMU11 is included in the HSI w/ GPS interface. Or, does one of the replace the other?

And does anyone know if the GA (go around button) is standard on this install, and where is it being installed?

Don’t want to flood the shop with questions, figured I’d start here to gain some insight, then be able to talk the G talk!

Thanks,
Dave
PA-28R-200 Arrow II 28R-7635130

Latest posts

Back