• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Dim gear light

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So out flying tonight and as I retracted the gear, I noticed the left main light dimly lit. Prior to take off all three very bright.

I switched to LEDs several years ago and they stay bright all the time. The NAV lights dimmer does not effect the brightness.

Gear was fully retracted and it stayed on (dim) the entire flight until I put the gear down and then came back on bright, normal. I switched the dimmer off in flight, no change. No gear in transit or unsafe lights.

I did just give the plane a bath a couple weeks ago and haven’t flown it at night until tonight, so it may have happened after the wash. I’ll check again during the day Thursday or Friday to see if it is lit.

Gear is acting and functioning normal, just the dim light. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Dave

Latest posts

Back