• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

crackling static on #1 comm on xmit when eng running [solved]

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Niteridder64

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You guys have always helped me on other issues and I appreciate all the advice. This is a problem I thought we fixed but has come back. On our 1968 arrow the #1 comm, a kx 155, a loud crackling sound is heard while transmitting, the #2, a garmin, is fine. Sometimes it happens right away and other times a half hour into the flight and only with the eng running. There is no change in pitch when eng rpm is changed. I swapped radios w/ a friends, just yellow tagged unit, no help , swapped antennas still there. Tried the hand mic, different headset, shut off intercom, reracked radio, reracked audio control panel and sprayed down #1 push button switch in acp w/ electronic contact cleaner, no help. One thing not touched is the coax from the back of the rack to the antenna. Unfortunately the coax is fixed to the back of the rack, I cant screw in a temp cable to the antenna. That's all the info I have, any suggestions?

Latest posts

Back