• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Looks Like I'm Going Backwards

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
THOUGHT I was making progress.
Installed a new GA-35 antenna for the 530W (radio claimed antenna bad)
Popped the radio back in to test and hit the master. Radio fired up, "acquiring", and "acquiring' and.....never did.
Okay. I'm assuming the software needs updating (running version 3.0 from 2005). No big deal I say to myself.
Oh: and the avionics master ISN'T. It does nothing to turn off the 530.
This past week, installed new plugs, changed oil, checked timing, air cleaner element, compression, jacked the plane and did the wheel bearings, etc.
Last week pulled DME, intercom, KX-155 from panel. I cut no wires, and left all connection plugs intact behind the panel.
Decided to run plane as I haven't since getting back to work on it. While I was away, gear pump replaced, actuators and Hoof valve rebuilt. Gear cycled and worked perfectly.
Now: I had the master on for 10 minutes or so messing with the 530 earlier and it worked as a 'master' should.
THIS time I turned the master on, all hell broke loose. Gear pump came on, all warning lights lit up, gear warning horn started as throttle brought back.
I'm figuring I have something behind the panel tripping the 'gear' switch because I cut a ton of wire ties to get the harnesses loose but couldn't find anything. Later I went back and tried it again, and this time nothing came on. So I start the plane, and as it catches, all hell breaks looks again with warning lights on and the pump running.
And that "push to start" switch is a pain in the ass, especially with a broken wrist.
For the first time since I purchased the Arrow, I wish I hadn't.
Just venting a little frustration.

Latest posts

Back