• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Continental TSIO-360 venting fuel overboard

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mobilepolice

Reaction score
Here's a short video:

https://youtu.be/v8vLkAWsJPg

I read something somewhere months back but haven't been able to find it since that would indicate fuel coming out of the overflow vents in this configuration would indicate some sort of seal failure.

Since I can't find the publication, I cannot verify that it's applicable to me.

Right engine replaced 7-20-2011 Current time is about 1375 hours
Left engine replaced 6-7-2012 Current time is about 890 hours

Both factory remanufactured units, which I would presume come with a new fuel spider and other bits.

Aside from new alternators on both sides, regular points changes, compression checks, mag timing checks and oil changes, these engines have been absolutely trouble-free.

I just remember reading for the longest time that I should be able to run the boost pumps on LOW with the mix at full cutoff to get the vapor out of the feed to the spider and ease a hot-start.

I didn't expect the fuel going overboard when attempting this. So far it's not been a concern, but I thought I'd post and ask the opinion of those here weather or not I should take it to a mechanic for something nefarious going on.

Latest posts

Back