• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Concorde battery life

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I bought a brand new RG-35AXC in Feb of 2020. Been working great since then. Just came out of annual, load tested fine. I did a 4 hour flight shortly after annual with a few stops and every time it started normally. Fast forward a week, it now starts with half the "umph" that it did. It'll still start, but you have to play the compression stroke game to make sure it gets enough inertia to get past it. Something changed quickly. Went from working great to half the cranking power it once had. Battery not even 3 years old with a very cushy life, I might add. Hangered all of the time, flown every weekend.

My IA advised me to check the terminal grounds. Wilco. Thoughts of a new battery run through my head and to my surprise, they are $500 now. If I need one, I need one. But, 3 years seems a bit premature for a battery. Am I off base? Where does a 3 year life fall on the "Concorde Battery Lifespan bell curve"?

I'm not very handy with a multimeter. I can check voltage across terminals, but that's about it.

I have flown over 2 hours since this started and all is well electronically (i.e. alternator is working). Amp meter reads normal, etc.

Latest posts

Back