• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Cockpit Supplies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gbrooks231

Reaction score
I've been searching for a devise to put my eyeglasses, erasable markers, etc. etc.

Sporty's sells one for $18.95. It's a cheap piece of plastic that attaches with a couple of suction cups! How can it be that expensive? My wife heard me whining about it and said she could find something much cheaper that will serve the same purpose. Yeah, right! I spent hours trying to find a viable alternate, E-bay, Amazon, all the pilot shops, no luck.

We were at the local Walmart where I was getting 2 cycle oil for my boat when she sticks this piece of plastic, ( with 2 suction cups), in front of me and asks if $3 bucks is too much, and will it work for my airplane?

Needless to say, after telling her that even though it probably was not approved by the FAA, but just to make her happy, I would try it out.

To make a long story short, we are all hit hard enough with fuel, maintenance, hanger and ImageUploadedByPiper Forum1403222767.487305.jpgmany other expenses. It only makes sense to share the little things like this between us to negate some of the expense.

Oh yeah and by the way, Sporty's - you should be ashamed of yourself!ImageUploadedByPiper Forum1403222767.487305.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Piper Forum

Latest posts

Back