• Become a Subscribing Member today!

PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots with over 1,500+ active members.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• Swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts.
    • We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more.
    • In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Become a Subscribing Member and access PiperForum.com in full!

Subscribe Now

CHT/EGT monitor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deejayel

Reaction score
Do I really need one for my 6/260? I currently have a single prob analog EGT. I like to run best power most of the time to get the best speed out of my bird. So LOP with this bird is probably out of the question anyway. Granted, If I had a fantastic tailwind, I may be convinced to lean her out a bit more and take the TAS loss albeit still smoking the GS.

So If I do "need" a monitor, is a 6 probe EGT enough? Or do I need a CHT as well? Sure it would be nice to know what the CHT's are, but 1k nice to know is not going to happen. $1500 gets me the whole nine yards with the UBG16-6. but Aerospace logic makes a pretty unit for a mere $500 that gives a 6 cylinder EGT. It is a shame they don't combine the EGT and CHT into one indicator....

Thoughts?

Latest posts

Back