• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Cherokee Trim Stuck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyingfrog

Reaction score
I ran the trim all the way back today (I think) just before takeoff and then tried to give it the normal three turns forward for takeoff. It jammed all the way back and wouldn't budge. I checked under the rear seats and the pulleys were working fine. There was a very slight noise at the rear of the plane when pressure was applied to the trim wheel. I popped the inspection plate off that is just forward of the stabilator on the right side of the plane. The two trim cables going back had way too much slack in them. Any ideas on hat caused this and what the fix might be? There is no A&P at our field, so my goal is to have the troubleshooting done before the mechanic comes out. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back