• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

CDIs and Annunciators for KLN90B

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

killrocks

Reaction score
So, a neighbor at the airport is going to upgrade to a full glass panel and is willing to sell me his KLN90B w/antenna and data input connector for a very reasonable cost. Unfortunately he doesn't have a CDI or annunciator which I see are required for IFR.

Does anyone know if the new Dynon D10 AI can be set up to provide legal course deviation information? And can an Argus 3000 or 5000 moving map supply CDI information, as well as the required annunciators/buttons, in the pilot's scan? The reason I ask is because the Dynon is not that much more expensive than the required CDI and switching, and the Argus is available all over for MUCH less money than an annunciator panel. And it does have annunciator lights and buttons that I would imagine can be programmed and labeled for specific functions.

Latest posts

Back