• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Bracket p/n 79886-004

Statecb

N726BB
Supporting Member
Reaction score
anyone have a resource that has this alternator bracket in stock?

Thanks,

Chris

sierrakilo99

Reaction score
Well I would look it up on the Aviall parts website for you but their site is under going maintenance this weekend and is down...

sk

Forkauto

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like Aviall has it for $291. Do you have a picture of it. I may have it from when I did my exchange to the single wide belt pulley

Statecb

N726BB
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like Aviall has it for $291. Do you have a picture of it. I may have it from when I did my exchange to the single wide belt pulley
I don’t have a good picture of the bracket...attached is what my A&P sent me. I did inspect it personally after this was sent, but didn’t take additional photos. It appears that the previous owner had attempted to fix with a weld...

Thanks,
Chris

Attachments

Last edited:

Forkauto

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you can’t find it used, may be a good time to switch to a plane power alternator. Mine came with new brackets and I think the whole deal was around 650 if I remember correctly. It would be a shame to pay half that just for a bracket

sierrakilo99

Reaction score
Planepower isn't going to help this installation... he needs the Piper parts for the alternator assembly on the left side of the engine and has a special set of brackets / arms castings to support the alternator and the idler pulley.

I may have the entire assembly sitting on the shelf in the hangar. We swapped out the left side alternator assy for a customer last year. Unfortunately if you need it quickly I'm not going to be at my hangar until Friday...

sk

Statecb

N726BB
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Latest posts