• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Blade Nick During Runup

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

netsurfr

Reaction score
While my plane was in for annual the shop did a ground run-up and apparently a small rock or something flew up and nicked one of the blades. I had Prop Guard Tape installed so the shop said they would order new and replace the Prop Guard tape and all would be fine. I picked up the plane and upon further inspection I see that the damage was not just to the Prop Guard but to the leading edge of the blade (pictures below). I'm now concerned as I've read that even small nicks/dents caused by rocks should be properly inspected to ensure they meet Hartzell criteria. There is no entry on the prop logbooks about the damage/inspection so looking for guidance here as to whether or not I should ask the shop to do something about this and if so what?

2016-07-08 12.41.57.jpg

2016-07-08 12.42.21.jpg

2016-07-08 12.42.46.jpg

Latest posts

Back