• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Best Aztec to buy, +-

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff K

Reaction score
Greetings

I need to do some major Avionics upgrades and that caused me to take a look at a number of other aircraft including the Cessna T303, Seneca and Baron 58. One of my primary objectives was it fit in my T hanger (the T303 could by raising the nose wheel).

My chief pilot (wife) decided that club seating wasn't all it was cracked up to be and we put the Aztec back in prime running.

That said, I have some things I don't like about my 1965 C model.

Baggage door is small and the STC to make it large doesn't cover my model. What year did they make the rear baggage door larger?

I have two hangers and my C model fits in both of them, but the older T just by inches. So I'm wanting to avoid the longer nose of the E and F model.

I'd also rather look down on the weather then go through it, so thinking a turbo model. It's my understanding the C and D turbo is just a normalizer.... which means I could burn 91/96 octane (94UL) in it as opposed to 100LL?

So I'm thinking maybe a Turbo C/D model might work for me. I think I've read here the turbo parts are harder to get for those models but so far had good luck with the junk yards/ebay for used parts.

Anyone here own a C or D turbo charged airplane and can comment?

As to my plane it's a de-iced 65 C model with basic steam gauge IFR. I'm looking at maybe $35-$45K to bring it up to where I need it and at a value of about $35K I'm thinking that money might be better spent on a upgrade airplane and just flip my airplane.

Latest posts

Back