• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Aztec stall light

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff K

Reaction score
I'm now to the point, finally, that everything works and the plane is starting to fit like a glove. But few particular low priority questions left.

My stall light works. I can raise the vane and it goes off (flashes actually). At altitude if I sit on my tail it goes off....although I need to verify if it was just doing it with wheels up.

But on landing, never, not once have I ever seen it go off. I've even felt a definite shudder as I was settling at times which makes me think it's a full stall landing. But no stall light.

Those flying the Aztec... is your stall light going off on landing? It's entirely possible I'm still landing too fast. I've got VG's and metco tip's and I got spooked out last time I tried to do some stalls on my own... I was well below the white arc (<60mph) and it was still flying and not stalling.

Thanks

Latest posts

Back