• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Autopilot Parts (rev 6/10)

1WM

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have an Autocontrol III system removed from a 1974 Archer for sale as Individual components . All of the interconnecting cables were removed intact. Everything was working well when removed by the avionics shop doing an install of G5s and GFC500. Any interest in individual components? PM with an offer.
Includes:
Autocontrol III SN 7963
Radio Coupler Mod#1C388. SN P-10608-G
DG Mitchell Part #52D 54 Model 4000C
AI Mitchell Part #52D66 SNX99695H Overhauled 11/13/17
Roll Servo Edo-Aire Mod# 1C363-1-183R SN10220A
Servo mount bracket
Servo bridle
Connecting cables as removed

1590243386741.jpeg

Selling individual components.
Thanks,
Dave W

Last edited:

skymark

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dave,
Is this Auto Pilot still available?

1WM

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, all except the attitude indicator.
Dave W

skymark

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will assume then I would have to find another attitude indicator the make the auto pilot functional. I have a wing leveler and it takes turn from the bank angle indicator. What will you take for the remaining pieces?

1WM

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes and also the DG. I didn’t get any interest from this forum for the parts so my neighbor has put the items up on eBay. AI and DG have been sold. (Sorry).
Give me a day or so and I’ll get back to you with a number we can start from for the rest of it.

skymark

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've thought about it and I was interested when it was all together. At this point I don't think I want to piece it all back together again. I appreciate your offer.

1WM

Supporting Member
Reaction score
0kay,
Sorry we didn’t connect before it started getting pieced out. I was hoping someone would want to do an upgrade installation and need the whole lot. However I think there are others making the same up grades to glass so there should be more of these parts coming available.
Best of luck,
Dave

1WM

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Everything but the DG and AI is still available.