• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Auotpilot repair shops

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frank L

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a Century ll repair shop on the West Coast that does very good work and you have used them?

I have a very specific problem that I would like to get fixed.
It is as follows. The heading bug does not work and what I mean by that is the auto pilot will not track the bug.
Here is what works - In heading mode it will fly the DG but only off the DG - you can put the bug anywhere you want but it will not turn to that heading of where the bug is set.
Roll works. The ommni etc when switch on will make the airplane turn usually in a left circle.
The connections have been checked and all seem secure. None have been check with a meter.

Not sure I have described it all just right but that is the problem.
I know about the Autopilot Shop in Oklahoma that has the outstanding rep but dont know about the ones on the West Coast.

Latest posts

Back