• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Arrow Landing Gear Issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joshuaboyd

Reaction score
Just purchased a 1967 Arrow and was up for my first flight in it last week with an instructor (for complex checkout). Four landings went great with the gear cycling normally. On the last takeoff back to our home airport, the gear started to come up but stopped. After that, it would not go up or down. Had to use the emergency gear extension to get three greens down.

Back on the stands in the hangar, I hear clicks when I move the gear switch. No pump action at all. Connected a battery charger with same result (just to make sure we were getting enough voltage). My guess is that it is the pump. Is there any other way to verify before I order one?

Latest posts

Back