• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Archer II new owner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mooroon22

Reaction score
I am fixing up a new Archer II 1978 and I am going through all the motions of upgrading and tryign to fix it up.

Can you reupholster the seats with a local shop? The cost of having an "aviation shop" are extraordinary. I quoted one place and it was $900 per seat. Cany ou have local upholster complete for you or do they have to FAA certified? Do you have to have special fabric and where do you buy it if so?

The basic reflooring of the carpet was quoted at $1000. is there special glue or adhesive FAA certified and where do you buy it? Can you not do it yourself or have a low cost professional help you?

I know these are newbie questions but I am tryign to have anice plane and not spend a fortune and also not negate my air worthiness certificate.

Thanks for the help all. I apologize if this is too basic for the forum.

Latest posts

Back