• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Another interior question.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

65Y

Reaction score
Hey all,

While working on my plane I found that while the carpet looked like it was in okay shape all that black foam backing had disintegrated and was getting everywhere. I decided to replace the carpet, but like many little efforts is starting to expand. I'm looking to re-do my entire interior and looking for ideas and opinions. I've been browsing TAP, ASO, Controller and so forth, but I haven't seen to many really nice interiors. Maybe I need to look at King Airs/Citations? If anybody has a recently re-done interior they'd like to share pics of I'd love to see them!

My first question is; If I do this I'm thinking do it right with at least a little bit of wow factor. I'm not saying go as far as the Vegas Viper, but start that direction. Would all the seat contouring details like he did be on the 337's?

It looks like the current trends are to go with a tan/taupe color range? I was thinking light and dark grey. I'm okay with the light taupe colors, but I'm not too thrilled about the darker browns as a 'complementary' color.

As far as the plastics go I've read about a paint that is supposed to work. Anybody have any experience if that works longer than a year or two, or would covering it with ultrasuede a better way to go?

I was also wondering about making arm rests like JimC did, for those of you who've bought kydex where did you find it?

Finally, I found a guy that has full leather hides that came from Cessna/Lear Jet for $200. I think that's a good deal, but not positive. Never having had leather before how easy is it to keep clean. He had some white/very light cream that might look good as either a main color or as an accent but I'm worried about keeping it clean. Any comments?

Thanks for any suggestions or opinions you might have!

Latest posts

Back