• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Aircraft Spruce or RC Allen-Who's at fault?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cathead

Reaction score
I ordered a "new" not overhauled RC Allen model 22-11F horizon on 06/29/2015 from Aircraft Spruce. It is warranted for 1 year supposedly. This past Monday on a flight it started showing a turn in level flight. It had worked prior to this flight. I talked to Aircraft Spruce and they say it's not their problem. They say I must go through RC Allen even though Aircraft Spruce sold the item to me. RC Allen or now Kelly says I have to send it in. I'll be responsible for paying an A/P to take it out and reinstall it. I'll have to pay the shipping charges and miss my scheduled flight this Monday. They will not send me a new one to install when this one is taken out and then send the defective one back to them. I think Aircraft Spruce should stand behind what their selling and send me a new one then deal with RC Allen for making crappy stuff. Who's at fault here?

Latest posts

Back