• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Aircraft Door Seals- Glareshield - What a mess

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RLVoumard

Reaction score
As my CFI tell's me , a BAD approach seldom ends up with a good landing.

I purchased a Aircraft Door Seals glare shield for my Pathfinder , this is being installed by a VERY HIGHLY regarded shop - We have stopped all progress as the project is unsatisfactory to all.

See pic's...

I previously posted about the issue with the new glareshield not covering the panel the way the Piper one did....I have a least an inch or better showing, I tried to use black fabric to cover this up... not good.

Aslo - I am finding the new GS does not sit flush with the top of the flange -I believe that is too wide... The AI put 2 Pk screws to secure it in and all it does is pucker the GS...he told me that he could not tighten the defroster down because of this reason. If you dont secure it down their is a space above the Piper Panel and the bottom of the GS ( see pic ) right above center and the 496.

As I sit in the airplane the GS ( without being attached by screens ) is BOWED in the center, which means I have to raise my seat up to get proper visibility.

All of this was unexpected........

A this point I am considering removing the GS and finding the nearest trash bin

IMG_1605.jpg

IMG_1601.jpg

Latest posts

Back