• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Air filter retaining bracket on bacl of nose cowl

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shhall

Reaction score
My nose cowl needed some repairs. I had to remove the metal air filter retaining bracket that is attached to the back inside of the cowl. This is the bracket that the air filter retaining screw fits through.

I have 2 questions:
1. what is the part number for that retaining bracket? Its not in the parts catalog.
2. When I re-install, can I use small bolts with lock washers or locknut? When I removed, it was installed with pop-rivets (maybe cherry max), but it seems bolts would be more secure. Should I use rivets or bolts?

Latest posts

Back