• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Arrow Landing Gear Bolt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Need to replace the HFX-8G Heim bearing on the gear of my Arrow because of looseness and 'slop'.
Figured I'd replace the 1/2'' bolt used to mount it at the same time, but having trouble figuring out the part number, MS or AN number. I know it's a 1/2'' bolt, but my parts manual doesn't show the 'slotted head' bolt that is used. My parts manual depicts it as a regular hex-head bolt.
I'm assuming that slotted head bolt is lower profile and Piper used it for clearance issues when the gear is retracted/retracting.
I have a new half-height locking nut and would really like to replace the bolt also even if it DOES cost $25 or so.
Because this bolt isn't drilled for a cotter pin because of space constraints, the lock nut I removed was thread-locked which might have been a good thing as the bolt was turning inside the Heim bearing rather than the bearing doing the pivoting.
Any help with the bolt designation and/or part number?
Thanks in advance.
Joe

Latest posts

Back