• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

AD 2020-26-16 Compliance

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Recently sold my Comanche and looking at Archers/Arrows. I want to make sure I have a full understanding of the AD because I don't think I'm seeing what I should be seeing in most of the logs I've reviewed.

It appears that the AD is not applicable to aircraft/wings with less than 5000 hours total time.
After an aircraft/wing has reached 5000 hrs time in service, the AD is applicable.
The first step of the AD is to calculate and track the "factored" hours from there forward at every 100hr/annual.
Eddy current inspection is due after 5000 service hours have been accumulated.

I'm seeing logs where factored hours are not being tracked after the initial calculation when they were less than 5000 hrs and the total time is greater than 5000 hrs
I'm seeing logs that show AD complied with previously by eddie current inspection when the factored hours were less that 5000 hrs

I assume that even if the eddie current inspection has been performed, if it was performed prior to reaching 5000 factored hrs the hours would still need to be tracked and eddie current done after it actually reached 5000 hrs

Latest posts

Back