• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

For Sale 1973 Piper PA28-140/160 IFR Trainer w/ Garmin 530W & Dual GS, KPMP, FL -$75K

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
THIS IS MY PERSONAL PLANE -PLEASE VISIT MY WEBSITE FOR PICTURES AND INFO ON IT
https://aircraftferryservice.com/aircraft-for-sale

1973 Piper Cherokee PA28-140/160 IFR-Trainer with RAM 160 STC $75,000.00

Aircraft total time: 8850 SMOH: 1550
Prop: 0-time, Factory-New Sensenich 74DM6-0-60 cruise-prop STC, 10 hrs SNEW
Annual Inspection 1/24
Spar Inspection completed 10/21
Documented A/D list and 0-320 crankshaft AD permanently complied with. Complete Logs since new. Factory-New Sensenich cruise-prop, power flow exhaust, wheel pants, wing and elevator tips, gap seals. Cruises 105 Knots @ 2300RPM on less than 8gph.
New cylinder baffling. Mags currently being inspected/OH'd.
Garmin 530 Waas GPS paired to Mid-Continent Glideslope indicator, Narco MK12 Nav-Comm with Glideslope Indicator. Appareo ESG Waas ADSB-Out Transponder with power & ADSB antenna hard connections for Stratus ADSB-in devices.
Stratus Dual-USB Power-Port. Electric turn-coordinator. Electronics International EGT gauge and probe. Sky-tec starter & Concorde Platinum battery. OH’d carburetor. LED landing light.
No crazing, cracks, scratches or distortion in windshield. Recent tires and tubes. Always covered or hangared. ACF corrosion treated regularly.
Had all tail hardware repalced in elevator and stabilator. All new continous wing-root seals installed that took me 20+ hours to do.
Exterior is not perfect but still looks great and is more than acceptable. Paint job is 20 years old but revently had several thousand dollars worth of corrosion-mitigation and paintwork done. Flaps, wingtips and elevator repainted. Overall rated 6/10. Has several professional rivet-patches.
Interior is in good shape and can use some interior plastics as they just get brittle with age.
Aerosheep Sheepskin Seat covers. Rear seats and bench in great condition. Comes with cowl plugs and cover. Would call interior a 6/10. Can easily be improved on.
Mechanically the plane is in excellent condition and I fly it anywhere and over open-water without question.
No expense spared with maintenance over the last 7 years. I have owned this plane since December of 2016. I have obtained my PPL, IFR and CSEL in this plane. I have personally put 900 hours on it and have flown from NJ to FL and NJ to Texas to Florida and back multiple times. It’s flown dozens of Young Eagle kids and Eagle flights. Been to Alton Bay and landed on the ice runway. It’s a great plane and I absolutely love it but it’s time for it to go to the next person. It has spent it’s entire life in NJ and was recently moved to a hangar in Pompano Beach. It flies regularly. This is a turn-key IFR-trainer that is just waiting to make the next pilot. Will it be you?

Ferry and delivery service available as well as safety-piloting. Video walk-around will be sent upon messaging inquiry. More pictures and video than this available. Just inquire. I have tons of pictures and videos of this plane. Questions? Ask em! Hangared at KPMP Pompano Beach, Florida. Easy flight into FLL Fort Lauderdale International to come see it.

Call 973-704-1555 or email [email protected]

Attachments

• IMG_0173.JPEG
    IMG_0173.JPEG
    688.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0703.JPEG
    IMG_0703.JPEG
    702.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0711.JPG
    IMG_0711.JPG
    335.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0734.JPEG