• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

1965 Piper Aztec C NO GEAR UP LIGHT

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyinbrown727

Reaction score
Had a gear down indication problem about a month ago. One of the small springs that makes the right main gear lock over center broke off and became lodged in the gear down microswitch that gives me a green light.

My mechanic fixed this problem and replaced the other 2 (total of 3) small springs on the right main gear while he was up there.

Since then I am not getting a gear up yellow light and am not getting the gear up warning horn when I retard the throttles below 12" MP.

The flight right after the spring replacement I got an intermittent yellow up light but it would come on and go off. Since then on the past 5 or 6 flights the gear up yellow light is not working.

Anyone have experience with this problem. We've had the plane on jacks twice now and can't figure out why we are not getting a gear up light. All else works as it should. Handle returns to neutral etc.

Latest posts

Back