• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

140 aft seat carpet

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hornet02

Reaction score
Having problems with the aft seat carpet on my 140. It's an Airtex interior that I installed about 6 years ago. Anyway, the part that hangs over the spar and snaps onto the spar is falling apart. The carpet itself is in great shape, it’s the black foam on the back of the carpet. Its leaving a pretty good mess of black foam powder on the floor. Anyway, I have enough scrap carpet to cut off the part that attaches to the spar and replace that. Would like to just Velcro that section to the spar and find a way to secure the aft floor board to the spar (keep it from rocking back). I do like to pull my battery in the winter to take it home since I'm outside. So I go in there fairly regularly. Curious if anyone has done something like this, or will my wings fall off.

Latest posts

Back