• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

WTB - Archer, Arrow II or III, Cherokee 235 '73 or later, Dakota

Skigolfmike

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am in the market for decent X-C plane that is IFR capable, preferably with a WAAS GPS (prefer Garmin 430W or GTN650). I am nearing retirement and I want a plane I can travel around with and make hops to see the kids if we end up in another state. Mid time or less engine and airframe TT under 10K. I have a lot of time in Cherokees and I have a lot of friends who do Cherokees to OshKosh, so I'd like to stay with the Cherokee line. Not having a lot of luck finding the right plane that fits the mission so far.

Frzpilot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good luck sir! It's tough out there right now! Best advice I can give is to hang around your local airport and ask staff/people in the FBO if they know anyone that might be interested in selling.

Skigolfmike

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So far 0 for 2. First plane was impossible to load without going out of forward CG. 2nd plane had damage history repaired in 2004 incorrectly. It's been through 16 annuals like that. Cost to repair correctly was impossible to calculate. The market is stupid right now.

kju1pitt

CFI ASEL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So far 0 for 2. First plane was impossible to load without going out of forward CG. 2nd plane had damage history repaired in 2004 incorrectly. It's been through 16 annuals like that. Cost to repair correctly was impossible to calculate. The market is stupid right now.
Yup, when a 152 sells for nearly 100k with 15k hours on it you know something is wrong.

masterjer

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any luck here yet? I'm getting close to starting my search for a 235/236 for many of the same reasons you are looking for one.

Skigolfmike

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not yet. Oh for three. Had a contract on an Arrow III fall through. Corrosion issues I would have been chasing forever. I'm still looking.

Azpilot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
There’s an Arrow III listed in TAP for $37,500. Someone has got to know the story on that one.

kju1pitt

CFI ASEL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There’s an Arrow III listed in TAP for $37,500. Someone has got to know the story on that one.

Its been there for months. Likely nobody wants it at 9k hours with a run out engine and shitty avionics. My guess is it has damage history.

kju1pitt

CFI ASEL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Please define “shitty avionics”...!
Look at the pictures! Those KX-155s are probably originals. Screens look....rough. The transponder looks like the most modern/cared for piece in there and its ancient.

Also at least one item is INOP (cant tell what but I can see an INOP placard).