• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Would you replace this spar?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sfergson727

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I purchased this arrow in December, having done a pre-purchase inspection. Unfortunately some expensive items have cropped up during its first annual under my ownership, the latest being the straw that broke my wallet's back. The retract hose on the LH spar was resting against it, and apparently caused this corrosion shown in the pictures. The wing shop wants to replace a otherwise perfectly good spar with new, at a cost of 14K. The a/c has 2800 TT and has always been hangared, and never a trainer.

So I throw this out to the peanut gallery (so to speak :)) What would you do? I already have a plan of action in mind, but am curious what other's might think.

Attachments

• corrosion on spar 2.jpg
    corrosion on spar 2.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 400
  • corrosion on spar.jpg
    corrosion on spar.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 393

Latest posts

Back