• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

When Things Don't Work...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Too often we only post when we receive poor service, I thought it appropriate to post when folks do it right.

Electronics International: Getting the CGR's in the Aerostar de-bugged has been a bit of a thrash, some self-inflicted, and some just bad luck. Through it all the tech support folks at EI have been top notch. Highly recommend.

uAvionics: I have sold 20 or so SkyBeacons, and a few had issues, tech support was always prompt and efficient. I installed an AV-20S in my Lance last year, this fall it died. I called the tech folks and they sent me a new one to replace it; no charge. Doesn't get much better than that.

Insight: I installed a G2 that unfortunately had issues. Now I hate having to pull an instrument and send it back (twice) but both times it was promptly repaired, and retuned, free of charge.

Any company can claim good customer service; I like dealing with companies that stand behind their products when things don't go quite as planned, without any prodding from me. For the most part I've typically had good luck contacting companies directly for support when I can't figure things out. The only exception is when they have been swallowed up by a multinational conglomerate. Calling the tech line for Cleveland and Airborne was about a productive as asking a teenager to clean their room. Simple a waste of good air...

Jeff

Latest posts

Back