• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

What's bad compression

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheDoc

Reaction score
I'm currently on the hunt for a 140 / 160. I've learned a lot on this forum and others. I'd like opinions on a couple questions about compression. 1) how much consideration should be put into compression numbers? Seems important to me but Mike Busch writes that oil pressure is more important than cylinder compression. 2) I've seen airplanes advertised with compressions from 68 - 78/80. What number indicates a problem or an engine I should stay away from?

Thanks,
Jared

Sent from my iPad using Piper Forum

Latest posts

Back