• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

What's a typical annual cost on a Seminole?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jemenake

Reaction score
I've got a Seminole on lease-back to the local flight-school/FBO. It's in its third annual since I've owned it.

The mechanics have already started with those "We're doing everything we can do keep the costs down" calls. I call this "bracing" because they're bracing me for a painful maint bill so that I won't be mad at them when it comes. The last time they were bracing me was on the first annual, two years ago, and the final bill came to over $15k. Last year's was $5k. So, I figure I'm going to get hit for about $15k again, this time. (sigh...) I can't afford too many more annuals like this...

So, I figured I'd ask here: What's a typical annual cost for a Seminole? I'm trying to get an idea of whether this is just what Seminole's cost, or if this is what all light twins cost, or if this is a by-product of how it's being flown, how it's being stored, or if this is just the delayed aftermath of poor maintenance by the previous owner(s).

Latest posts

Back