• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

What tools and spare parts do you carry with you?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gwav8or

Reaction score
So last night, I did a night IFR training flight with an instructor out of an airport other than my home airport. When we landed, I realized my landing light had gone out. I didn’t feel comfortable landing back at my home airport because it had been a while since I had landed at night there, the runway lights are very dim, the runway is very narrow and the runway isn’t centered between the lights. So this made me think, what tools and spare parts should I carry with me? Here is the list I’m thinking:

Spare landing light
Spare spark plug
Ratchet with spark plug socket
Screw driver - philips and flat
Open end wrench (5/8???)

What do you carry and what should I consider adding to my list?

I don’t intend this to be an emergency preparedness or survival kit, just things that I could keep in the Plane that could be useful.

Latest posts

Back