• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Wanted Archer II

Petruz

Reaction score
I am looking to buy my first plane. Would like an Archer II that I can start IFR training in immediately with minimal delay and expense. Don't want to have to rebuild the motor after I buy it, or replace all the radios, etc. My mission is 350 nm cross country's with 1-2 passengers. I will want to perform a pre-buy inspection and title search. If you are looking to move up to something bigger, this is your chance to sell and get in position to buy. Thanks !

N677ap

Reaction score
I had a Warrior II PA28-161 and really liked it although slow. I would prefer the 180 but seeing what is out there for sale as I will buy as soon as I find the right machine. Looking at $100k USD or less for the right machine.
I'm on the fence about selling my plane. It's a 1977 Piper Archer II. It has the tapered wing you are looking for. Has 3100 tt, 1080 SMOH, 1 SPOH. Glass panel, and many other options and aftermarket goodies.

$75,000 will push me off the fence. :)

Here's a link to pictures, if interested.
http://s47.photobucket.com/user/stevenhmiller/library/pa28

Picture of plane:

Picture of panel:

Petruz

Reaction score
I'm on the fence about selling my plane. It's a 1977 Piper Archer II. It has the tapered wing you are looking for. Has 3100 tt, 1080 SMOH, 1 SPOH. Glass panel, and many other options and aftermarket goodies.

$75,000 will push me off the fence. :)

Here's a link to pictures, if interested.
http://s47.photobucket.com/user/stevenhmiller/library/pa28

Picture of plane:

Picture of panel:
Thank you for your response. You have a very nice plane. I am still looking for a nice Archer II like yours. Let me know when you are ready to come down off that fence.

N677ap

Reaction score
Thank you for your response. You have a very nice plane. I am still looking for a nice Archer II like yours. Let me know when you are ready to come down off that fence.
I'm not in any hurry, and nothing I've seen to replace it motivates me.

Petruz

Reaction score
There is an Archer 2 for sale at airmart.com. Any one have an opinion on what it should sell for? They are asking $69k.

ready1998

Reaction score
Don't want to have to rebuild the motor after I buy it, or replace all the radios, etc. My mission is 350 nm cross country's with 1-2 passengers.!
What's your budget and time frame?

It's not an archer, but my Arrow II has ~250 hours on the motor which was major overhauled just 3 years ago. Outside of this we've put endless amounts of resources into the aircraft since buying it 4 years ago including all new radios, new antennae. Everything forward of the firewall (lightweight starter, new alternator, all hoses, etc) is new. New brakes and lines and tires as of this year. LED landing light and tail beacon. Will include a Stratus 2S for foreflight. Has a mag booster which removes hot-start issues. Is IFR cert current

List goes on and on. We're looking to start a family and are thinking about trading our aluminum child for the pink, smelly, and screaming kind. :)

Useful load of 1050 lbs, with 48gal usable, means you're blasting along at 145 knots true with 762lbs left for people and things - it's a true 4 person airplane and we've had numerous times where we've loaded the plane for XC trips. Have gone from Boston to Key West twice, and Boston to Seattle once.

I'm looking for mid/late 50's, and am in the Pacific Northwest. If you're local, I'd be more than happy to come pick you up for a ride sometime :) Let me know if you're interested and I'll put together a dropbox link for pictures, including photos of all of the log book entries.

Petruz

Reaction score
what is TTAF ? What radios did you put in? was tryin to avoid retractable, but never say never.

ready1998

Reaction score
what is TTAF ? What radios did you put in? was tryin to avoid retractable, but never say never.
TT 2581
1972 Arrow II

PS8000BT 4 place Intercom
2x Garmin SL-30's
Dual Glide Slope
Nav 1 is a new Garmin GI-106A
Nav 2 is a King KI-209
Electronic International CGR-30P Engine Monitor

Photo of center to right-side of panel here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xjn0h8q1ysi6y06/2015-04-16%2017.04.41.jpg?dl=0

Here's a shot of the EI CGR-60P up close (I don't have a panel-wide shot taken just yet as I haven't been actively selling, but this instrument is in the lower left hand portion of the panel below the clock):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i683kjqnptwusbj/2016-01-03%2009.22.13.jpg?dl=0

Insurance cost on the retract is a bit higher, but it goes down pretty quickly once you have a year in-type. The power pack for the plane is in great shape, and nothing really beats Piper's auto-extension and emergency down - it's gravity and spring-loaded so no pumping or cranking required. Never had any issues with it.

bvisocky

Reaction score
Do you have any pics of your arrow? Not fully in the market yet but i am starting to look to see what is out there. If something pops i may jump at the right one. That is if i can convince my self not to pull trigger on something really fun like a christen eagle.

bvisocky

Reaction score
Funny i was just typing to ask for pics but for some reason i cant see them

Latest posts