• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Video of my new Cherokee

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quinnjim

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm a relatively new member here. I came on and asked some questions, and then I bought my new plane!

It's a 1973 Challenger (which is basically an Archer before the name change).

My 6' 4" partner fits in the back seat and we cruise at about 113 knots when it's cold outside.

The engine was overhauled my Mattituck in 2010 and has about 300 hours on it. Garmin 430, Garmin 396, autopilot, new interior, gap seals, aftermarket wing tips, and updated paint.

I'm so glad we didn't settle for a 172! We really love this plane.

Here is a video of it. It's all done on my phone so it's not the best quality. I held 2,000' at full throttle for a minute to see how fast it would go. It was a little bumpy, but it was holding about 130 knots in relatively level flight at 2,700 RPM. I wouldn't do that for long…but I just wanted to see how fast it would go. :D

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtJ-05cO9X4&spfreload=10[/ame]

Latest posts

Back