• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Value of Different Arrow's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ilateapex

Reaction score
New here, hello. I am in the process of getting my pilots license for the purpose of flying for part of my job. We have a Seneca II that I plan to eventually get qualified for. We are considering purchasing an Arrow to build time in complex and get instrument rating before moving to the twin. A long term lease would be good as well if we can find that. In any event being the engineer I have tried to develop a spreadsheet with all the Arrows currently for sale. I am trying to value them based on year, model, Airframe Time, Engine Time, etc. My questions is what values do we put on the differences? Start with:

Year. - Average year of what I am looking at is a 1976. How much more is a '81 worth? how much deduct for a '69?

Model - 180, 200, II, III, IV, TIII, TIV So how much less is a short body 200 worth then a long body II? How much of a deduct is there for the Tee Tail? How much of a deduct for the Turbo?

Airframe Time - average time is 4600 for the 70 planes I found so far. How much per hour do we add or subtract from this average as we go up or down in time?

The rest I can figure out but those above are subjective. Seems that the turbo and tee tail are the value so far even with some arbitrary deducts in there.

I understand about the condition and getting inspection and such. This has become an academic exercise now and trying to figure out which plane to start the serious inquire about. In reality any of the models will work for our mission. Don't need the turbo but not really afraid as we have feed two of them in the past.

Thanks,

Michael

Latest posts

Back