• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Turn coordinator relocation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
For some reason, my airplane had the TC moved to the left one slot. So, I had the "5-pack" in usual configuration, but a blank on the lower left and the TC one hole further left.

I decided to take a shot at moving this over on my own. From what I can tell, it looks like I succeeded. Its a much better look now and I will blank out the lower hole to the far left until I get a use for it.

But, I think the reason they had it where it was was because the hole where it would normally go is not a perfect circle. It has two dog ears, one on each lower side (left and right). The same idea as what the altimeter hole looks like - you need room for the kohlsman knob, so they have the shape modified from a perfect circle to accept that knob.

On the hold I moved the TC to, it has two of those dog ears, so the only way I could install the TC there was to use the top two screws only.

I assume this is a "solved" problem in the wide world of avionics. I looked on AC Spruce and didn't see anything. I presume there is an adapter or something that will sink into that hole and turn it into a perfect 3 1/8th circle into which I can mount the TC.

What is the best way to proceed?

Latest posts

Back