• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Turbo Aztec E performance on sloped runway

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wleferrand

Wannabe Aztec driver
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm looking at a tiny airport in the nearby mountains that seems interesting. The runway is 1260ft long (or rather, short) but the average gradient is 15%.

There is a rule of thumb that says that 1% gradient is equivalent to 10% more runway length but I was wondering if anyone had some experience with landing the good old aztec on that type of runways?

(for the curious, the field is LFIP and the runway is the one in the intro sequence of Goldeneye).

(and for the worried I'm actually going to take some lessons there with a club airplane before trying to shoehorn the aztec in :))

Thanks,

William

Latest posts

Back