• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Trip from south florida to KBLI in arrow II

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cowboyfl

Reaction score
I haved asked this question before and have receivced some answers...I have used airnav for fuel stop and generally set up a route..so I have some questions for those who have been there before me.
Suggested route...F45 0R1 KAEX KSWI 0E) KOGD KLWS KBLI depart is the beginning of Nov...
1. The routing seems easy at 10k up to about KOGD...after that it seems like 12 to 14k ... I am not a fan of over 30 min no oxygen above 10k...so is there a lower route alternative? Is oxygen necessary?
2. The flight can be IFR as the plane is equipped 430W and KX155 dual nav's and century A/P coupled to both...The depart is being of Nov...so Icing is possible any suggestions?
3. I chose to RON at the last leg fueling stop so as to reduce my time over mountains at night ...so is crossing the mountains better in the early morning or later is the afternoon?
4. Currently NO PLB but the ELT is 406hz and current...I have a hand held radio... is a PLB necessary ?
5. Assuming either vfr flight following or IFR using a fuel burn of 10.2/hr 48 gals usable and limiting leg times to 3+30 does that offer enough options for a emergency as there probably isn't as many field to land like the east.
Thanks in advance for guys help....I want this trip to successful and safe

Latest posts

Back