• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Thicker windows-Worth it for sound deadening?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chadadamsiii

Reaction score
It's about time I replace my pilots side (not windshield) window with the vent and the door window. The noise level at cruise is driving me and my passengers a little nuts. I was just wondering if any one has used any of the thicker windows offered by LP aero or Great Lakes Aero products and if so what were the results? Was it actually quieter? Installation issues? My current windows seem really thin and easily flex with just the pressure from one finger tip. I am sure they transmit alot of noise. Any comments about any other efficient means for sound proofing, vibration reduction etc is welcome. I would gladly give up 20 or 30 pounds of useful load to make this bird really quiet and comfortable on the long hauls. Thanks in advance.

Latest posts

Back