• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Window Source

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ripped out all my side windows today. Interior on the Arrow is completely removed so now was the time to address the leaks.
The windows buffed out pretty well for the most part but over the past year, I have gone back and forth between believing the windows were tinted or they weren't.
Well mystery solved. When I was standing on the co-pilot's side, I thought they were tinted. When standing on the pilot side, I figured the windows were clear. The center window IS tinted on the co-pilot side while the rest aren't!
This plane came with the 'sound proofing kit' which included .250 windshield and .187 side windows. THIS Arrow had a few replacement .080 windows and they had been installed with silicone and were leaking.
So I brought the windows home to ponder my next step, but the 'boss' is forcing me to replace all of them with UV Solar. "If you insist" says I. Being a glutton for stress and punishment, I'm contemplating putting the pilot's window and vent together myself to save a few bucks. Assembled, that complete window is $800 or so but if I drill and rivet it myself I can save a hundred or so.
I've used Great Lakes Aero in the past for other planes so I'm asking if those of you that have used them recently if you are satisfied with their product and service. If you have other recommendations for a vendor, feel free to share.
Thanks in advance.
Joe

Latest posts

Back