• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

The Strategy of staying current

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
How does one stay current. Obviously the more certificates and ratings one has the harder it is to stay current.

Complex and high performance currency
Tailwheel currency
Instrument currency
Multi-engine currency
Sea plane currency
Night currency
IFR currency

One way is become a flight instructor and fly with students. Even so it is hard to stay current and it gets time consuming and expensive…

I do have a lot of flight time and have performed 23,700 landings and counting in an aircraft as PIC, SIC Dual and PIC…..It does add up when practicing landings with students in all phases of flight.

On occasion I get busy working, get sick, bad weather or travel and 90 days can go by before I fly again

So how do we stay current without breaking the bank……

An interesting read from flying magazine……In their opinion

https://www.flyingmag.com/strategy-staying-current/

Latest posts

Back