• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Support for Apollo SL60 GPS nav/VHF comm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Garmin ceased map update support for subject radio several years ago. Have done internet search to see if map updates can be found elsewhere with no luck. There's currently one for sale on Barnstormers and there is an outfit that advertises repairs but not map support for SL60. Checking to see if anyone has a SL60 installed and where to get map updates.
I'm looking for a simple radio to serve as #2 nav/comm; #1 is a 430W connected to GI106A (with Sandel SN3308 pending). With FAA planning to shut down VOR gradually (probably slowly) I'm wondering if the SL30s are a good bet as they are selling for $2.5k plus. I think I read that the radio side of the SL60 is same as SL30, but can't confirm that. Interesting that the GNC255 is still VOR-driven... since the ILS navaids will remain.
Thanks in advance.

Latest posts

Back