• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

What's in Your Panel - #2 Nav/Com?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Currently #1 Nav/Com is 430W/GI-106A and had a TKM MX-170B/KI-208 that I didn't purchase w/the plane... Candidates for a #2 Nav/Com range from the new Garmin GNC255 and Trig TX56A (and others I'm sure) to the tried & true SL30 (still carrying a "hefty" (for their age) price tag at around $2.5-3k). Tray/wiring/antenna still in place from the MX170B. Could do another 430/530 W or non-W, or there's the GNC250/300XL and Apollo SL60 out there (currently one on eBay), but screens and database updates are questionable on those. Haven't really considered the touch screen Garmin/Avidyne primarily due to price.
So, curious what y'all are running as #2 to the aforementioned 430W/GI-106A.
Attached a "before" photo... Do have a Sandel SN3308 EHSI to install in the days ahead. I'm not instrument rated by my potential share partner is, so he'd be interested in that capability. Plane has a basic Century I wing leveler/tracker, so upgrade money could be spent there as well. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 06J Pnl in Flt.jpg
    06J Pnl in Flt.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 95

Latest posts

Back