• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

STEC 3100 and Garmin GI275s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRichie1

Saratoga Driver
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I personally have lost confidence with STEC. I had upgraded from the 55X a couple years ago to their 3100 which seemed liked a great deal. Problem was it took almost a year to work out the problems associated with the install. To STEC credit they took over the installation and moved our plane to their facility in Mineral Wells Texas. Long story short after several trips they finally got it working and I loved it. Lots of on-the-fly software patches but it worked. Now here we go again. Am in the process of having dual Garmin GI275s installed. What was supposed to be a week install has now stretched into 3 weeks and still no resolution. STEC unlike most companies does not have software download capabilities. They overnight a datacard which means if there is a problem you have to rely on FEDEX next day delivery to get further fixes. To make matters worse they do not work on Fridays, and no one replies to the shops calls or emails until the following Monday. Frustration is difficult to fend off with these issues. Fingers crossed they get it resolved very soon. I still think the 3100 is a great product but these issues make me think I should have looked at Garmin.

Latest posts

Back