• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Sig TranscomII Aux Audio to GoPro audio In

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greenbaron

Reaction score
I've asked the place I purchased my GoPro from, Sigtronics tech support, and GoPro tech support, but don't know any better now than I did when I first posed the question. I want to capture the audio from my intercom while recording inflight videos.
I don't have the 3.5mm to micro USB adapter needed from GoPro yet, but will by Thurs... so I guess I'll find out soon enough if it works. I'm just puzzled why neither Sigtronics nor GoPro was able to provide an answer. I just wondered if anyone here has done this, and/or knows if it will work or will it damage anything if not-
I was told by the place I ordered the GoPro that all I needed was a 3.5mm cable to connect the Transcom II Auxilary Audio Out to GoPro's 3.5mm/micro USB adapter, which plugs into the GoPro's Audio In.
Here was Sigtronics answer:
We are not familiar with equipment you describe (GoPro Hero 3)
Our auxiliary output is a line level output that was designed around the
original analog camcorders. It is a single channel output (mono).
I am not sure if this will work into the microphone input of the GoPro.
Try to find out if you have a line level input to the GoPro or if the microphone
input will accept line level.
And GoPro's answer:
Thank you for your question. Here is what we recommend using with a 3.5mm sterio microphone for the hero3 http://gopro.com/camera-accessories/3-5mm-mic-adapter. Here is a video of an individual using the adaptor: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtSgKHu7NgI (the black in the video in an effect he added in).

I already responded to GoPro's response, since it did not even remotely address the question I asked (which was the question that Sigtronics asked of me).
Thanks in advance.....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back