• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Shadin Fuel Flow Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lenvining3

Reaction score
I have the Shadin Digiflow-L in my Aztec. My fuel burn always reads higher on the left engine. Through many fill-ups, it is consistently proven that my left engine does not have a higher actual fuel burn than the right engine. The Shadin indicates about 7-10% high for the left engine fuel burn. The "K" factor in my Shadin is 28.4 for both engines. Talked to Shadin, and they gave me the instructions for changing the K factor on the left engine. Basically it is increasing the K factor by 7-10%. However, this is not as easy as it seams. The unit has to come out in order to get at the adjustment screws that are behind my panel.

Since the Shadin gets it's fuel flow information from transducers (I believe that is what they are called), they should all be the same flow crate in my mind. Is this maybe not the case? Would it seem logical that maybe I have a bad transducer giving erroneous readings? Seems fixing that problem may be much easier. Looking for some expertise on this one.

Latest posts

Back