• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Saratoga PA32R-301 LoPresti Nose Doors

Marvistaiii

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am looking for a LoPresti "Howl Cowl" nose wheel door set. Any leads, sources or shops having a set willing to sell is greatly appreciated. The factory is quoting December.

Last edited:

sierrakilo99

Reaction score
I had an order in to Lopresti for about 6 months for some replacement fairings, their shop is really backed up due to covid.

I suggest you just have yours repaired as it will be faster and just about the same costs.

sk

philiplane

A&P, IA, CFI, CFII, MEI,
Reaction score
Lopresti only made a handful of Howl Cowls. Any good doors are attached to flying planes. There are no spares out there.

sierrakilo99

Reaction score
Why do you need replacements? Attach a photo of what you're looking for / trying to accomplish/fix.

sk

Marvistaiii

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why do you need replacements? Attach a photo of what you're looking for / trying to accomplish/fix.

sk
Hall of shame: wheels-up landing. Nose gear doors took the brunt of the punishment, the carbon fiber abraded to the balsa core.

sierrakilo99

Reaction score
Photos of damage? Repairs to composite structures are not out of the ordinary...
sk

Marvistaiii

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could I put my repair shop in touch with you outside of the forum? I'll ask for pics

patbarry

Twin Comanche owner, IA
Reaction score
I had an order in to Lopresti for about 6 months for some replacement fairings, their shop is really backed up due to covid.
Not quite accurate .......... LoPresti is owned by Whelen now, and they have "deemphasized" the speed mods in favor of the high margin Boom Beams and other lighting products. Consequently, they have only one person doing the layups and making speed mods, so the problem is that they reduced staffing, not that they have had Covid issues.
I wish LoPresti would sell their STCs and forms for the speed mods to someone who really wants to build them. LeRoy LoPresti started the company with speed mods for the Twin Comanche, and today the new owners seem to just not care. Yes, Whelen is in the lighting business, but the market is there for speed mods and spares.
In the meantime, have you checked Knots 2U? John Bailey has equivalent parts on almost everything.

Latest posts