• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Saratoga by the numbers ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StandingBear

Reaction score
I recently became a part owner in ‘79 Toga which we have since repainted and upgraded avionics with two G5s -HSI and AI, ADS B compliant transponder and 430W. The original autopilot is old and tired and will eventually be replaced.

The plane is great but I fly a bigger aircraft at work and I’m still trying to nail down the last 100’ and flare. Seems like that stabilator is as a friend told me very effective right up to the point it isn’t. Frustrating at times hunting for the runway and I’m curious what the “numbers” are that you use. I have found 95kts on final a number mentioned often to me...what is a good target speed leading into the flare. I realize conditions can change but looking for a baseline.

We also have a basic EI (I think) engine monitor that scans the six cylinders and has two columns on the right that scan CHTs. What EGT or CHT numbers do yo use when leaning? I know I’m not leaning correctly right now based on my fuel bills.

Any and all input appreciated !

Latest posts

Back